BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

unable to select object in plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I want to click select to move an object in plan view but no reaction, (can do this to morph),
Though I can click and select object in elevation and 3D

Any advice how to select object in plan view

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
In order to select an object in plan, you must click on either a Hotspot, Hotline or Fill. Objects saved out of the floor plan will by default have Hotspots denoting the objects bounding box as well as the centre.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
In order to select an object in plan, you must click on either a Hotspot, Hotline or Fill. Objects saved out of the floor plan will by default have Hotspots denoting the objects bounding box as well as the centre.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
If the object was created from the morph, you will find it should have 4 corner hotspots and a centre spot in plan similar to what you can see in 3D.
You can only select it by those hotspots.
You will need to guess where they are if you want to select them directly, otherwise drag a selection box over the general area.

In 3D and elevation you can select by surface (quick select magnet) or by the edges of the object.
You can't do this in plan when saved as an object - unless you edit the script to had hotlines and/or a fill.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK wehn place cursor on the object, it snaps to the center which should be the hotspot center, then can be selected,

Thanks Barry
Learn and get certified!