BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

upgrade from 11 to 15 / opening, importing suggestions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just upgraded from veriosn 11 up to 15.

i am hoping you guys might have some advice on opening or importing files from the older version.

I am sure at its basic level it is simply open and go, but, is there anything i should / can do to cut down on possible errors or problems associated with the difference in versions. (simply open, import, copy paste ????)

the reason i ask is that there are many errors due to missing files, links and stuff from when we upgraded from 8 to 11. i know the file manager window would help, but we cant trace the errors down and they don't cause major problems so we live with them.

would just like to have a smoother running files this go round.

Thanks in advance for the help!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just went through this with an old AC11 file that was not saved as an archive at the time 😞

Got lots of errors with the migration library..not sure what was the issue but my local reseller couldn't quite work out what was going on either...
In the end I simply grabbed the AC 11 library and attached it through the library manager and the file opened cleanly...If you used plugins then that might cause some issue. Also if the file used objects not in the std library then you need to find them or delete the objects. Luckily my AC11 file didn't use anything not in the plain vanilla install...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should go to the Help files of ArchiCAD. There is a complete Chapter dedicated to migrating projects from previous versions.

Look for the

Migration Guide for ArchiCAD 15 > Migrating from ArchiCAD 11

section in the Help File
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the Tips.

I tried it on one file and things seemed to work out fine.

Ill read over the section
Learn and get certified!