Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

use of viewsets in mid operation

__archiben
Booster
i have just discovered that i cannot use saved views in my viewsets to navigate around the building whilst in mid-operation:

i.e. i was dragging a copy of a load of useful stuff from one stair core to another. as they are spread out on plan, i decided to use my staircore viewsets to jump from one core to another. archiCAD wouldn't let me - just an error beep for feedback.

now i can see the logic behind this: the saved views hold layer visibility information and so jumping to a view that doesn't have the layers of the elements you are copying selected is a problem.

HOWEVER. surely it should only be a problem when it is. that's to say: if all is well and the layers are visible, archiCAD should ignore it. if, on the other-hand, the relevant layers are not visible in the view you are jumping to, shouldn't archiCAD be asking whether you want to paste it into the archiCAD layer as it would do in similar copy/paste circumstances?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
i have just discovered that i cannot use saved views in my viewsets to navigate around the building whilst in mid-operation:
You might try to use the Navigator preview to move the view rectangle from the current position to the place you want; another way of doing it is to zoom to the second stair core, than extents, then the first core, and use Zoom Previous.

Wourkaround feeling ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen