BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

using patches

KeesW
Advocate
Why does ArchiCad do most things so well yet others are frustratingly annoying! I 've created a patch of a plan view of a corner window because I want to replace a portion of it with a sliding door. I would have thought that the patch would import the line properties of the original plan. Unfortunately, lines are dashed instead of solid, and outside deck fill, drawn with pen 1, are, in the patch, drawn with pen 3. Should not the default assume that line types and thicknesses of the patch exactly match the original drawing, or am I missing something? Perhaps one of the authors of this wonderful program could give me some instances where a patch benefits by looking like a blob?

I am sorry if this subject has been raised and answered before. However my search of the words 'patch', 'create patch' and 'GDL patch' raised a mere 335, 2753 and 2821 instances. I don't know what other words to use.

Kees
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
1 REPLY 1
KeesW
Advocate
I have an answer. One has to select the usual 'use symbol line types' and 'use symbol colours' in the library to inherit these properties from the original plan. But why doesn't Archicad make this the default for patches?

Kees
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!