BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

visualization of dimension/furnish

Anonymous
Not applicable
I creaed my model with all the information about dimesions and furnishing. Now that I want to print I want to show on the same sheet both a building diagram with only the dimensions and an other one with only the furniture. How can I do that?
I tried to create two different work sheets, but then if I disable the furnishing layer on the first one, it is automatically disabled also in the second one.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mikas
Expert
Saved views are the key.

Make two layer sets, 1st with dimensions, 2nd with furniture. Save a view from each layer set then they are set as visible on your plan view.
First view "dimensions View"
Second View "furniture view"
Then make your layout dragging 1st and 2nd view to that same layout. Saved views will now keep their layer settings.
Same applies to other settings/atributes too, like pen sets etc. Views have to be used to save different settings from your model.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS

View solution in original post

Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
neva:

The appearance of door and window markers is handled by Model View Options > Construction Element Options. Like the Layer Combinations mikas mentioned, you should create different named MVOs for each View, then assign the correct MVO to each View.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
mikas
Expert
Saved views are the key.

Make two layer sets, 1st with dimensions, 2nd with furniture. Save a view from each layer set then they are set as visible on your plan view.
First view "dimensions View"
Second View "furniture view"
Then make your layout dragging 1st and 2nd view to that same layout. Saved views will now keep their layer settings.
Same applies to other settings/atributes too, like pen sets etc. Views have to be used to save different settings from your model.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much, problem solved.
The only thing that I couldn't do is visualize doors and windows markers only in the dimensions view.
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
neva:

The appearance of door and window markers is handled by Model View Options > Construction Element Options. Like the Layer Combinations mikas mentioned, you should create different named MVOs for each View, then assign the correct MVO to each View.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!