BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

wall intersection problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I have two types of walls intersecting as in the picture.
The grey thick walls have a building material with greater priority and also a higher juction order value than the thin black ones. The reference line of the walls do not intersect.
However, this is how it all looks in 2D. In 3D the problem also appears, but only for a height of 8 cm, which is the height of the thin black walls.
I can make neither head nor tail of this. What is there to do?
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
I have had difficult corners where AC can't resolve the connection. In those cases I create a complex column containing the connections and finish the walls short.

For AC to make the required connection correctly all wall reference lines should be connected. On short height walls you could try leaving the wall 1mm away so that there is no connection, this doesn't work too well if the junction isn't 90 degrees.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
Can the walls be placed in two different layers?
If so set the layer intersection priority number to a different value for each layer and they should not intersect.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!