Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

wall/roof by face in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
There’s a panel in Revit named massing and site that we can create complex forms with it. , and then we can add walls and roofs to the surface of the conceptional form.

In ARCHICAD we can create complex forms with morph tool, but how can we add walls or roofs to it or how can we convert them into composite elements ?
the problem is that when we use morph, its just one solid element however in reality a wall or roof has several layers.
for example (structure layer , thermal layer, finish layer ).
I would very much appreciate your comments.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a workflow using Grasshopper using which it is possible to achieve this.
You can use the Deconstruct Morph component to get the surfaces of the Morph, then you can generate Walls, Slabs, etc. based on those geometries.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a workflow using Grasshopper using which it is possible to achieve this.
You can use the Deconstruct Morph component to get the surfaces of the Morph, then you can generate Walls, Slabs, etc. based on those geometries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much for your reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
dear Mr.LaszloNagy,
I'm currently working with AC-Gh connection. although its very efficient in many aspects but I still have problem with the subject I mentioned in topic. there is only one way to create a wall in AC_Gh connection and that is wall by curve. I cant give a surface or a boundary as input to a wall. also for slabs it works only with horizontal plane.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, that is what is possible to do with the current capabilities of the ARCHICAD-Grasshopper Connection.
Yes, Revit has this capability that you can take a face of a Mass and create a Wall based on it, but Revit is capable of creating generic double-curved Walls, so it can do that.
ARCHICAD does not have that capability so it is not possible to create Walls using this method.
My guess is that it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.