Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

walls connecte but Lines in 3D

ananas
Advocate

Hi,

Why are there lines betwen stories visible in 3D? ist it maybe possible to set Archicad 3D setings on less precise? So that these lines would not be visible even if maybe do not come perfect together?

But in this case walls connect with each other well (as we see in the section), but lines are still visible in 3D.

How could that happen? If there is a mistake, it should be visible also in floorplan and section, right?

Thank you for help!

1 - section.jpg

2 - line in betwen.jpg

  

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Are you sure the wall surfaces are perfectly in line?

Why is there no line on the right side of the 3D if that is the same wall turning a corner?

Is the top of one wall exactly the same level as the bottom of the other wall?

Ensure there are no duplicate walls in the same space.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, thank you for answering!

Well, I guess the lines somehow really weren´t completely together, but in section and floorplan they looked OK. Is there maybe a way to set 3D view a bit less rpecise (meaning that the lines that are very close would be ignored? So that a 3D line view would be a bit more simplified?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Where you see the line between the two Walls, the End Points of the two Walls are probably not exactly on top of each other, thus their vertical surfaces are not co-planar and you see the line.

Just zoom in very very close (as much as you can) to each common node of the two Walls and move either one as necessary to make sure they are completely on top of each other.

This of course brings up the matter of modeling accuracy. If you have to move of the Wall Nodes, then it may no longer be orthogonal. So you want to keep the Wall that is truly orthogonal, and move the Node of the Wall that is infinitesimally not orthogonal.

However, in Section, the situation is much simpler, the top of the lower Wall is exactly at the same height as the bottom of the upper Wall, so they touch in Section and so their Cut Fills merge and there is no line. These are two separate mechanisms.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Sorry< I thought I had replied to this a few days ago.

I must have hit 'cancel' button instead of 'reply'.

Good job the forum remembers the discarded post.

Here it is ...

In 3D either elements touch or they don't.

If two surfaces that are the same are in line and touch each other, then they should blend into one surface.

They won't join if ...

- they are different surfaces.

- they don't touch (or maybe they overlap).

- they do not align (not in the same plane).

I am not entirely sure how that section and 3D view in your image relate to each other.

BarryKelly_0-1655458686310.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11