Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

walls from 1st floor show on 2nd floor

bumblebeeenb
Newcomer

I am new to Archicad and I am having issues with the walls from the level below shown on the next level. They have linked to the floor above so I am not sure how to resolve this issue.

Can someone help, please?

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 17.21.11.png
3 REPLIES 3

If the walls are taller than the storey height they are placed on or are set with the base raised off the floor so extend up to the next storey they will be visible. There are a few options. You can set the walls to display cut only rather than projected, you can change the settings in the Floor Plan Cut Plane to only show the content of the current storey and you can lock the heights of the walls to the storey heights. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you set the Floor Plan Display  of your walls to Home Story Only it should ignore all of your FPCP settings and only show it their home story. Unless you have multistory walls or are wanting to do plans that show current and below, doing this generally is not an issue.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Let us take your specific example.

You have a Curtain Wall. Its Home Story is "1. OG 1" and you are currently displaying Story "2. OG 2". This means that the Curtain Wall is not linked to the Story above as you say it, but to the Story below the currently displayed Story. If you look at the Home Story field in the Info Box, you can see it says "(Current -1)" for its Home Story, meaning the Home Story is 1 Story below the currently displayed Story.

The bottom of the Curtain Wall is 15 cm above Story 1 and it is 300 cm high. I assume your Story Height is 300 cm as well, which means that the top of the Curtain Wall is 15 cm above Story 2 which means that its top part is within the vertical range of Story 2. 

It is also safe to assume that the "Show On Stories" field for the Curtain Wall is set to "All Relevant Stories". A Story is relevant for an element if the element such as a Wall or Curtain Wall is within the vertical range of the Story. Since the Curtain Wall's top is within the vertical range of Story 2, both Story 1 and Story 2 are relevant Stories for the Curtain Wall so it is displayed on both.

To make the Curtain Wall not displayed on Story 2, you can do one of two things:

1. Change the "Show On Stories" field for the Curtain Wall to "Home Story Only" so it will be displayed on Story 1 only.

2. Modify the vertical range of Story 2 so that the top of the Curtain Wall is not within it. You can do this by going into the "Document > Floor Plan Cut Plane" Dialog and changing the value of the "Show Down To" field to be higher than the top of the Curtain Wall. Since the Curtain Wall's top is 15 cm above Story 2, if you set any value greater than that (in this example I have set 20 cm or 200 mm), the Curtain Wall will not longer be in the vertical range of Story 2, so Story 2 will no longer be a relevant Story for the Curtain Wall and so the Curtain Wall will not be displayed on Story 2 (not even if its "Show On Stories" field is set to "All Relevant Stories".

FloorPlanCutPlane_VerticalRange.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27