Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

where to sell unused ArchiCAD licences ?

Richard Swann
Contributor
In order to upgrade our 2 active ArchiCAD workstations we have reluctantly decided to sell 2 other current unused ArchiCAD licences. We asked our reseller for advice, who suggested this forum. I note from the etiquette rules that it is 'strictly forbidden' to trade licences on the forum. Does anyone have any ideas where we could sell them, preferably in the UK as these are UK licences.( I can only find dodgy cracked versions of ArchiCAD on EBay and want to get a reasonable price for a legitimate licence)
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
Richard wrote:
I note from the etiquette rules that it is 'strictly forbidden' to trade licences on the forum.
I noticed this rule only a month or so ago when a GSHQ person pointed it out in a post here. I really don't understand why we have this rule, as the 'ads' section of act-talk seems the logical place to sell legitimate licenses. We can sell anything from hardware to t-shirts there after all.

Maybe one of the other forum moderators or someone from GSHQ can explain this restriction.

In the meantime, I do think you can make a legitimate sale on Ebay... just include a photo of your protection key (not the number I suppose) and make clear in your description that it is a full, legal license. If the UK has a 'license transfer' fee as in the US, then I suppose it is up to you to inform the potential buyer that they will have to pay that to become the 'real' owner as far as future upgrades go...

Good luck!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard

I noticed a legitimate ebay sale a month or two ago on Ebay UK and it went for a decent amount. (you can always put in a reserve price)

It had at least 15 / 16 bids on it!

Oh and by the way it will get a lot more hits if you put sexy in the title
Richard Swann
Contributor
Karl wrote:
Richard wrote:
I note from the etiquette rules that it is 'strictly forbidden' to trade licences on the forum.
I really don't understand why we have this rule, as the 'ads' section of act-talk seems the logical place to sell legitimate licenses. We can sell anything from hardware to t-shirts there after all.

Maybe one of the other forum moderators or someone from GSHQ can explain this restriction.

Karl
Thanks for the advice guys. It seems strange that forum members can buy or sell other software here but not the one we all use. It would not be competition for Resellers, who provide professional product support.
How do I rearrange the words Graphisoft, ArchiCAD, sexy and dongle in a meaningful way?
Now Plotmaker 9....
Richard Swann
Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Richard wrote:
Dear Talkers,
we discussed this and concluded that you are right; it is strange that you are allowed to trade practically everything here except (legal) AC licenses. So we have changed the etiquette:

ArchiCAD Licenses – You can use ArchiCAD-Talk for searching and offering used ArchiCAD licenses. These offers must be without reference to the price. The actual deal has to be made off-line. Graphisoft has no liability for the legitimacy of any offering made on this site. If we have reason to suspect that an improper offering is being made, we reserve the right to delete the post. Second offence may involve cancellation of membership.

Happy trading!

Bence Kovacs
VP, Product Management
Richard Swann
Contributor
Happy trading!
A wise move for which I am most grateful.
Driving users to the shark infested waters of EBay where legitimate licences compete with some strange offerings will do none of us any good.
Thanks Bence.
Richard Swann
Anonymous
Not applicable
In preparation for the future I am considering staring the process of divesting my holding in GS.

For starter I offer for sel one (1) of secondary 8.1 sites.

Please sent the proposal via a personal message or email at aa@architectiralinc.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it possible that you gave an incorrect e-mail?
Considering your web site is www.architecturalinc.com:

aa@architecti[/size]ralinc.com?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Vitruvius
Contributor
Bence,

Per Carl's message, it seems very sensible that this be one of the prime locations for advertising the sale of AC licences. But why the restriction on posting the price?

After all, GS may be losing one customer, but they're gaining another (and perhaps more) through the sale of a legitmate licence - so who cares whether the price is posted? It may even be the only way younger firms can get on the AC bandwagon so it should be supported.

Cheers
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am selling and 8.1 secondary license.
Please contact me with a message or see my email on my website

www.architecturalinc.com