Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wierd multiple window

Geof Gainer
Booster
Has anyone had this problem? I get banks of windows vertically when trying to do a regular double window in W Double Hung MU (USA).

Picture 1.png
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geof
All good here, but I've never used this window before.
Maybe you somehow changed something from stock?
Bier
ps
Is it full, demo,edu?
Geof Gainer
Booster
Full. The window looks fine with selection setting defaults. The above screenshot happened when I injected parameters in from another window (W Double Hung 12) with normal settings.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The way the parameter transfer works is that ArchiCAD checks in the Target object if there is any parameter with the same parameter name (the name of the GDL variable seen only in the Library Editor Window, not the description you see in the Object Settings Dialog) and parameter type as each of the parameters of the source object the parameters of which you try to inject. If there is, it transfers the parameters, and it does this with each parameter.
Probably parameters in the two windows do not refer to the same things and this causes the above seen phenomenon.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Geof Gainer
Booster
Thanks, Laszlo -- always wondered about the logistics of that feature.

I've often wished you could pick and choose which parameters you wanted to transfer. It would be nice to inject casing and sill sizes and material only, for example.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I was wondering about the same thing.
On the other hand, an average Window has over 200 parameters, carefully hand picking which ones to transfer and which ones not sounds like a tough task. So it is a good question.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27