BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

window placement in wall thickness, Passive House

cremsberg
Participant
I would like to know if there is a control to show a window frame and sash at a particular position relative to the exterior face of a wall, not necessarily right at the outside face. Is there a control for this?
This would be particularly useful when working on Passive House projects.

AC v20
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The reveal depth?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
cremsberg wrote:
I would like to know if there is a control to show a window frame and sash at a particular position relative to the exterior face of a wall, not necessarily right at the outside face. Is there a control for this?
This would be particularly useful when working on Passive House projects.

AC v20
You need to give more information about the skins of the all you want to use. Passive House is too vague. What you might mean is how to get the windows right when you have the situation where you need to use window bucks. Or where you have rigid insulation on the outside of the wall sheathing.

Yes, there are settings and modeling techniques the you can use with ArchiCAD to make your windows graphically correct in floor plans and 3D in any kind of wall.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!