Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

zone construction method bug

lmcardoso
Booster
I am getting a bug zones.

because the building is complex i am using
walls + a polyline as a zone boundary for the gross area in the same layer as a the zone and when i want to
update the zone using design> update zones command.

But then i realised the zone was not calculation the entire zone but was subtracting a part from some walls in a hidden layer.

Only when i switched to manual construction method did it displayed the right area.

Is this a bug?

Because i though when updating a zone with a few elements visible only those elements would affect that zone.

if i use
ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked your Zones Project Preferences?
Hope this helps.
lmcardoso
Booster
Hi Braza,

thanks for your message. Yeah i check that but i dont want to change this settings because i need them for other zones. I guess the best is then to always do the bruto floors manually?!

I really thought ArchiCAD zones would only be affected by elements that are visible when you click the update zone button
ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

To better understand the situation, would it be possible for you to share the file with me for a closer look? Please let me know if you need a secure link to upload the file also.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Podolsky
Ace
I think there are different types of zone area calculations - measured, reduced and calculated. Calculated is definitely applies all additional reducing percentage rules, when measured just shows what it is. Try to look to that too and what differences in numbers between them you are getting.