BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

zone fills in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to use the colors used in zone fills when viewing in the 3d window?

TIA

Adri
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes.
Under View,
Elements in 3D view,
Filter elements in 3D view

Check the Zones box

Typically zones are not checked as they would interfere with the regular renderings and section elevations.

You can save separate 3d views one where zones will show in color and one not (the norm) to more easily toggle between these settings.

Interesting to note that in AC10 there no longer seems to be an option for building to show as wireframe with only the zones as 3D color, or am I missing a new place to set this?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Erika wrote:
Interesting to note that in AC10 there no longer seems to be an option for building to show as wireframe with only the zones as 3D color, or am I missing a new place to set this?
I thought this was the only way to view Zones in 3D with AC9?

I believe that the Zone material will show in the 3D window, but not the colored fill (unless you create a material that matches the fill and assign it to the appropriate Zones) -- yes? no?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Laura wrote:

I thought this was the only way to view Zones in 3D with AC9?

Yes. More a note of improvement in 10. The effect of wireframe building with colored zones can be easily recreated by setting the appropriate building element layers to wireframe.
Laura wrote:

I believe that the Zone material will show in the 3D window, but not the colored fill (unless you create a material that matches the fill and assign it to the appropriate Zones) -- yes? no?

Correct. The fill is for floor plan display, the model material for 3D.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Djordje
Ace
Erika wrote:
Yes. More a note of improvement in 10. The effect of wireframe building with colored zones can be easily recreated by setting the appropriate building element layers to wireframe.
AFAIK there is an out-of-the-box layer combo that does just that? Maybe not in the US version, though ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks Djordje,
I'll take a look.

Are you sure you meant layer combination? I'm not finding one; do you remember which one?

Or were you thinking or the check box for use fill of surface material int the Zone Selection Settings box on the floor plan tab?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Learn and get certified!