GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

2D drawings in elevation

Hello,

I have tried to make a 2d draw by this way :
- Draw a complex illustration
- Save it as a dwg file
- Open an object and call this dwg (with the right dwg translator)
- Add ADD and ROT commands into 3D script to put this drawing at the right place
- I delete 2D script and use FRAGMENT2 command to draw an above view
At this point I have got a 2D draw visible in 2D/3D with this gsm

Now I am able to see this draw in elevation but not in all elevations because this 2d object has only one orientation. How to display this 2D plot in 3D instead of the 3D projection? Or how do I orient my 2D object perpendicular to the elevation view?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
10 REPLIES 10
Hello,

I want to share here the answer I was looking for to my question: "how to modify the 2D appearance of an object in elevation". The answer is extremely simple:
1- create the desired 2D drawing for your object (with hot spots at every corner)
2-save your selection of 2D drawing as a label
3-place your label over your object in elevation (it works in plan)
4-hide the layer containing the object, there will remain your "2D label" which will follow the slightest movements of your hidden object

I hope that this extremely simple solution will benefit as many people as possible.

Here is my Label without any password because I used to share before judging my neighbor :

It is a Archicad 22 object so that it can be used by the greatest number.

Enjoy !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin