Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

2d wardrobe symbol

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hi,

My gdl skills are almost equal to 0, 

In the Archicad library there is a 2d symbol ofca rectangle and a cross inside of it,  that can be used for wardreobe  2d representation 

Can someone please script an object that can do this, but instead of a rectangle, the shape can be edited, 

In3d, the object shows the volume with a given thickness, and that volume can be repeated vertically to a given number with a given distance, 

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
12 REPLIES 12

Oh it would still have its thickness everywhere else just not in scheduling so that you could get an accurate reading of the top surface area of each shelf

sinceV6
Advocate

Hello.

If I understand correctly what you need, this is relatively easy to achieve, including the area calculation (as long as there are only straight segments). You can use the object I posted here to start. You will need to make a few modifications so you can build the array that models the shelves, but it has what you need to get you going.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Lingwisyer
Guru

That Area of an Irregular Polygon is pretty neat. Why did we not get taught that in school... Pretty neat and uncomplicated math.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660