Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

A new generation of Python solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I am beanjs, the author of the xbimer platform. I have been exploring the use of python in archicad for more than 3 years, and today I brought a new generation of python solutions to archicad.

xBIMer is a python sdk plugin designed for Archicad. It allows developers to use python to develop plugins for archicad. Since you need to install a huge IDE when using the official C++ sdk to develop plug-ins, it is not very friendly to developers. Secondly, the official only provides c++ sdk as the only choice for archicad, not as many choices as Revit. This indirectly makes it difficult for other developers to integrate into the development of archicad plugins.

xBIMer is a solution between the official C++SDK and the official Python API, and will support Archicad 22 or above. It allows developers to use python language to access the functions in Archicad's C++SDK (if allowed), such as menus, dialog and other C++ interfaces. In addition, you can also use the official python api module in xBIMer (Requires Archicad 24 or above).Using xBIMer you will not need to install visual studio (on windows system), Xcode (on macos system, mac system will be supported in the future) can develop plug-ins for Archicad. You can write the code once and run it in the Windows system and the macos system, without the need for adaptation between different systems. Not only that, the plug-ins you develop based on xBIMer can be easily extended to different versions of Archicad without the need for additional compilation and adaptation. At the same time, with the help of Python's perfect package management mechanism, you can also easily add third-party modules on the PyPi website to the Archicad plug-in.

Not only that, xBIMer has a great possibility to solve the official legacy problems, such as i18n, etc. Today I released the first release version. Although this version only provides a complete python language runtime for Archicad, it has not yet been ported to the official C++ API (this will be a future work). For me, the next job is that I must first focus on porting GUI-related APIs (DGLib, UDLIb), because I currently need this feature. If you like this project, you can check it out on github. https://github.com/xbimer. Soon I will publish some video tutorials related to xBIMer. You can subscribe to @xbimerOfficial on twitter to get the latest news. Thanks to Github, Youtube, IFTTT, and other service providers for their support of this platform.
23 REPLIES 23
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I really hope I'm wrong, I , negatively, suspect, that this development is going to be a long long one, given the yearly cycle...I do hope I'm wrong.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
I really hope I'm wrong, I , negatively, suspect, that this development is going to be a long long one, given the yearly cycle...I do hope I'm wrong.
Sorry, I didn’t understand what you meant
TMA_80
Enthusiast
the pace of development will be slow, considering how Graphisoft is handeling this integration
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Podolsky
Ace
This is what can help: some videos, showing current functionality. If I understood right, now it's possible only to draw rectangular on the plan and create dialogue window.
Also would be nice to have development roadmap - just to understand which new features will come and approximately when.