GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

AC15 Library Developer Kit?

owen
Newcomer
graphisoft,

Any word on when the Lib Dev Kit for 15 will be available? This is kinda important ...

Dev downloads page only has 14 kit - http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
8 REPLIES 8
There is one inside AC 15 instalation (Anyway test it - beacuse I found it compatible with 14 nit 15...I tried with window objects)
On PC it is in "PreviousLP_XMLConverter" folder inside AC folder.

Best regards,
Piotr
owen
Newcomer
Piotr wrote:
There is one inside AC 15 instalation (Anyway test it - beacuse I found it compatible with 14 nit 15...I tried with window objects)
On PC it is in "PreviousLP_XMLConverter" folder inside AC folder.

Best regards,
Piotr
Piotr - thanks, had not seen that there. Strange though - it does not work for 15 so why put it as part of the 15 install?

The embedded library objects are converted back to 14 if you check the option when doing a Save As>ArchiCAD 14 Project so the LP_XML tool functionality works, but there is only the built-in AC function - no separate tool

So at the moment there is no LP_XML converter available to users for 15, therefore my question to GS still stands - where is it and when is it going to be available?

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
owen wrote:
So at the moment there is no LP_XML converter available to users for 15, therefore my question to GS still stands - where is it and when is it going to be available?
I have LP_XMLConverter directly in the ArchiCAD 15 folder - is it not included in your installation?
Ralph Wessel BArch
owen
Newcomer
Ralph wrote:
owen wrote:
I have LP_XMLConverter directly in the ArchiCAD 15 folder - is it not included in your installation?
Ah yes .. I did not see that one sitting in the main AC folder, I had only seen the PreviousLP_XMLConverter folder Piotr mentioned above (which is for the 14 version)

It seems to be missing bits (e.g HTML documentation) from the previous downloaded version and really should have been placed in a folder (like the 'Previous Version' was ??) but it's there and it works

thanks Ralph

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

owen
Newcomer
OK now I need the 15 versions of the Basic & Built-In Libraries which have been included with previous versions of the Library Developer kit (I need to make a customisation of a built-in marker macro to handle long drawing numbers).

I notice there are still no Library Developer downloads available for 15, in fact now the whole Developer Download page which at least still included the 14 kit is now down - see attached. Its been over half a year since 15 was released ... anyone know whats going on?

Is there any way to access the built-in libraries which are installed with AC in OSX? Thought they might be hidden in a package somewhere (general .gsm search doesn't find anything)

alternative for the moment may have to be sticking with the libraries from the 14 dev kit

cheers,

os
Screen Shot 2011-12-28 at 10.45.59 PM.png
cheers,

Owen Sharp

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
owen wrote:
(I need to make a customisation of a built-in marker macro to handle long drawing numbers).

Is there any way to access the built-in libraries which are installed with AC in OSX? Thought they might be hidden in a package somewhere (general .gsm search doesn't find anything)
Owen:

Try the Open Object by Subtype... command (should be with the other GDL object commands, but depends on your WE). I have used this to open the built-in markers. Also, you can select a marker to open it (Open Object...). If you highlight just the macro's name (exclude the quote signs) in a script, using Open Object... will open the macro.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
owen
Newcomer
David wrote:
If you highlight just the macro's name (exclude the quote signs) in a script, using Open Object... will open the macro.
David,

many thanks .. this is a really great tip. I've also added the Open Object by Subtype to my WE.

Still interested to hear from GS whats happening with the 15 library dev kit though

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi everyone,
The Developer Kit has been reworked a bit.
Now it is again available for download at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/

For those not registered yet, there is a contract that needs to be signed in order to access the Developer Kit. See details on above page.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27