Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

AC17 API on Mac Xcode 5.0.2 Cant find ArchiCAD add-on option

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Im new to Mac and Xcode myself currently trying to create a addon for Mac. But sadly I'm stuck on environment setting up... Please help! Following is what I've done already.

Xcode version 5.0.2
ArchiCAD 17 DevKit installed

Following MacTel Step-by-Step
Copied and Place the contents of the two folders (Project Templates, Specifications) into the appropriate folder inside the

~/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/

folder (create if necessary).

Than try to open Xcode i cant seems to see the create ArchiCAD add-on option anywhere...

Did I do something wrong? Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Johnny
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Johnny wrote:
Im new to Mac and Xcode myself currently trying to create a addon for Mac. But sadly I'm stuck on environment setting up...
[]
Than try to open Xcode i cant seems to see the create ArchiCAD add-on option anywhere...
I've never tried the template approach, so I can't reply directly to that. I recommend starting from one of example add-ons.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Johnny wrote:
Xcode version 5.0.2
ArchiCAD 17 DevKit installed

Following MacTel Step-by-Step
Copied and Place the contents of the two folders (Project Templates, Specifications) into the appropriate folder inside the

~/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/

folder (create if necessary).

Did I do something wrong? Any help would be great!

Hi Johnny,

unfortunately the template is not working with the latest versions of Xcode (5.0+).
So I suggest you to copy one of the example add-ons (for example Goodie_Functions) and rename it.

I hope we will manage to make the template to work in the next DevKit version.

Regards,
Tibor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright thanks! I will give XCode 4.0+ a try tonight.
Thanks for the help!