Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

ACAPI_3D_GetCutPolygonInfo problem

SzokeFerenc
Booster

Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what the ACAPI_​3D_​GetCutPolygonInfo function is capable of.

My first problem is that the example code included with this function cannot be built. The VS gives an error:

error C2027: use of undefined type 'Geometry::CustomMultiPolygon2D<Geometry::PolyId,Geometry::PolyId,Geometry::PolyId,Geometry::PolyId>'

What needs to be set or included into the solution to be able to build the code?

I'm trying this with VS2019 and the DevKit 25.3002.

Is there anywhere to find a proper documentation of the Geometry namespace?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi!

There's a bit more documentation coming installed with the DevKit. You can find some geometry stuff in the following subfolder: API Development Kit 25.3002/Documentation/HTML/Geometry/Geometry.html

Unfortunately it's a bit out-dated since it doesn't really document much of the newer interfaces which work more "C++ style" with classes etc. Best is to go through the headers in: API Development Kit 25.3002\Support\Modules\Geometry.
There you also find the definition of CustomMultiPolygon2D in the file "Polygon2D.hpp". So including that header should get rid of the error.

Hope this helps!

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: bschwb.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Hi!

There's a bit more documentation coming installed with the DevKit. You can find some geometry stuff in the following subfolder: API Development Kit 25.3002/Documentation/HTML/Geometry/Geometry.html

Unfortunately it's a bit out-dated since it doesn't really document much of the newer interfaces which work more "C++ style" with classes etc. Best is to go through the headers in: API Development Kit 25.3002\Support\Modules\Geometry.
There you also find the definition of CustomMultiPolygon2D in the file "Polygon2D.hpp". So including that header should get rid of the error.

Hope this helps!

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: bschwb.com
SzokeFerenc
Booster

Dear Bernd!

Thank you for the suggestion! Including the above mentioned header file solved the building problem. But as it turnes out there is a long process ahead of me to understand how the function works!. I'll check the documentation and the example codes. Again, thank you!