BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

APIDevKit

poco2013
Mentor
Is there a way to view the the APIDevKit DocSet on line via a web site?
The latest version of the 21 docSet does not seem to be recognized by xcode and yes I do have it in the recommended directory . Also Dash is not available for the Mac now -- As i understand it. Is there a alternate viewer?

I am interested the the documentation for the Dialog, File, etc. Managers. These are not covered in the Developer web Site. I can view them by directly going to the "contents" files -- but a pain to use that way?

Also the latest version of the AddonAdmin.app now throws an exception on Serra 12.6 -- Not a big deal as the previous versions still work OK -- Strange.

I guess I'm missing something?

On the plus side -- The Version 21 XCODE 'quick start' add-on template now works OK. Thank You.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
poco2013 wrote:
Is there a way to view the the APIDevKit DocSet on line via a web site?
The latest version of the 21 docSet does not seem to be recognized by xcode and yes I do have it in the recommended directory ..
The Dev site has most of the documentation online for viewing/search:
http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/api-reference

But, you're right! The Dialog Manager and a bunch of other stuff is missing from there. An oversight perhaps?

I had no problem viewing the docset in Xcode. Just downloaded the 21.3005 DevKit file and dragged to the Xcode Documentation DocSets shortcut as shown in the dmg. Attached screenshot of result. Did you click the correct tab in the left column (middle one = docsets)?

I'm running Xcode 8.2 on El Capitan (10.11.6) though... so maybe there is some issue with Sierra/High Sierra. Did you try just right-clicking the docset and opening it in Xcode?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
poco2013
Mentor
No luck here -- My developer help window does not look like yours -- Other tab does not pick up the archicad docset -- may wrong dir??
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!