BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

About UV coordinates

Zhang
Participant

I would like to ask how to convert UV values between 0-1. I know GetTextureCoordinate can get accurate uv coordinates, but I think the value should be used in Archicad. I now need to render my Archicad model somewhere else. So I'm wondering how to convert texture coordinates to more generic values between 0-1. If anyone knows the method, please let me know, it's important to me, thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
Dayiz
Booster

I haven't worked with UV and GetTextureCoordinate yet, but shouldn't it be possible to just divide the value of your coordinates by the biggest number?

Example: You have a max Coord (5 | 10). So you divide every x value by 5 and y value by 10.

Your max would end up at (1 | 1) and all other coordinates would have values between 0 and 1.

This doesn't work if you have negative Coords, but you can eliminate them by shifting all coords, so that your most negative coord is at (0 | 0).

But since I havn't used any of this in Archicad, im not sure if it works in the way you want it.

kovacsv
Booster

Don't do that. A texture coordinate bigger than 1.0 is completely valid in all applications. It only means that the texture must be repeated more than once along the relevant axis.

Learn and get certified!