GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Add buttons dynamically

jc4d
Expert

Hello,

I would like to add a button depending on the amount that is selected from the list of values.

For example, in Parameters I have: 

VALUES "Shelf_Amount", 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

If I select 1 from the list, one buttom will be added, if I select 2, then two buttons will be added and so on. The idea behind this is that each button will control something different, like using a different gosub depending on which button is pushed.

I have managed to add a simple button on the UI, but not sure how to do it in a dynamically way and with a incremental name per button. I thought that adding the variable name + 1 would do the trick, but did failed.

Master:

Button_Name = "Test"

Interface:

UI_BUTTON UI_FUNCTION, Button_Name, 0, 0, 150, 50

Juan.

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you, yes I have an array in a condition if all the shelves are the same, but there is another condition where the shelves can be different, user's choice.

My script works flawless, just not sure if there is a more optimal way on doing it when all the shelves are different.

Solution

not sure if that is what you were looking for...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N8-0rHlxeE7StJ23wwTwROxMKqIzpGhW/view?usp=drivesdk

AC 22, 24 | Win 10

Here is a quick video of where i took my shelving object

Yes, exactly what I'm looking after. 👍

Thank you.

You are using the same hotspot to perform different tasks depending on the direction to where you move it?.

That is fantastic, didn't know that.

I'll post a link in a bit so you can look at it if you are interested.

Absolutely, very interested on your method.