Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

ApiDev kit outdated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, we have Archicad 5004 and API dev kit 3004. Are those 2 friends actually or there will be an SDK update soon?

I'm investigating why Corona Renderer plugin is not working for the latest Archicad version and I can imagine this could be a culprit too.

Thanks for the answer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
All the Add-Ons built with the published DevKit must be compatible with the updated ARCHICAD versions.
So the DevKit won't be updated for ARCHICAD 22.

Of course an Add-On built for ARCHICAD 22 won't work in ARCHICAD 23, so the compatibility is not true between different main versions.

What kind of error message do you get in the Add-On Manager dialog?
Are you working on macOS or Windows platform?
Does Corona Renderer Plugin have any dependencies (external DLLs for example)?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
All the Add-Ons built with the published DevKit must be compatible with the updated ARCHICAD versions.
So the DevKit won't be updated for ARCHICAD 22.

Of course an Add-On built for ARCHICAD 22 won't work in ARCHICAD 23, so the compatibility is not true between different main versions.

What kind of error message do you get in the Add-On Manager dialog?
Are you working on macOS or Windows platform?
Does Corona Renderer Plugin have any dependencies (external DLLs for example)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Tibor for the answer.

So basically you are saying ArchiCAD 22.5004 and SDK 22.3004 should work because the main version number is the same, right? I'm aware SDK 22 will not work with version 23, or 21 etc...

I've got the generic message: The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ARCHICAD version.

I'm on Windows. Yes, we have external DLL dependencies.

What is interesting, the Dll_Test is also not working and I've got: This add-on cannot be validated. Please contact the distributor.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've solved it, it was a missing .dll dependency on our side. Anyway, the message scared me Thanks for the support.
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
alexhajdu wrote:
So basically you are saying ArchiCAD 22.5004 and SDK 22.3004 should work because the main version number is the same, right?
Right.
alexhajdu wrote:
I'm glad that you solved it!
On Windows ARCHICAD tries to load the dependencies of the Add-Ons from the folder where ARCHICAD.exe can be found. So the external DLLs should be placed to that folder.
On macOS platform the folder named "Support" has this role.
alexhajdu wrote:
What is interesting, the Dll_Test is also not working and I've got: This add-on cannot be validated. Please contact the distributor.
The example Add-Ons does not have valid MDID resource. Please run ARCHICAD in Demo mode to test the functionality of the example Add-Ons, because in Demo mode ARCHICAD does not care about the invalid MDID. Or you can change the MDID resource to a valid one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks for the detailed explanation! I appreciate it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I don't know if anyone is still having this problem, but a solution I found is:

- When you unpack Corona for Archicad XX files into the Add-ons folder, and in Archicad go to Options>Addon Manager - when you click on Corona it says that it is an outdated addon and cannot be used with this version of Archicad (even though the version is correct).

- You have to copy + paste all .dll files from Corona for Archicad XX folder to main Archicad XX folder, where the Archicad.exe file is.
alexhajdu wrote:
Thanks, Tibor for the answer.

So basically you are saying ArchiCAD 22.5004 and SDK 22.3004 should work because the main version number is the same, right? I'm aware SDK 22 will not work with version 23, or 21 etc...

I've got the generic message: The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ARCHICAD version.