Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am new to development with ArchiCAD API. I don't have VS 2010 so I tried to recompile the examples in the API DevKit 20 with VS 2015 but it failed. I think it is because it uses the updated VC++ librairies.

I read on the ArchiCAD API twitter that the API DevKit 21 works with VS2015. Where can I download it ? I can't find it on beta.graphisoft.com

Thanks for your help.
18 REPLIES 18
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
mvallee wrote:
I read on the ArchiCAD API twitter that the API DevKit 21 works with VS2015. Where can I download it ? I can't find it on beta.graphisoft.com
The AC21 dev-kit is available on the beta website – perhaps you didn't spot the location (it's a bit subtle). In the Download area, click on the Download dev-kit link.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to apply for beta access, right ? I think this is what I missed
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
mvallee wrote:
You need to be signed up as a beta tester or registered developer I believe. Someone from GS might be able to offer some support on that point.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ralph wrote:
mvallee wrote:
You need to be signed up as a beta tester or registered developer I believe. Someone from GS might be able to offer some support on that point.
Contact the beta site admins, and tell them you're a developer.

The devkits will be released by the end of the month at archicadapi.graphisoft.com.

Regards, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a registered developer. I just applied for being a beta tester as well...

How can I contact the beta site admins ?

I am surprised to hear that the devkits will be available at the end of the month, because someone on twitter said he found a direct link to have it...
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mvallee wrote:
I am a registered developer. I just applied for being a beta tester as well...

How can I contact the beta site admins ?

I am surprised to hear that the devkits will be available at the end of the month, because someone on twitter said he found a direct link to have it...
I wrote to the admin, asking to change your status.
At the moment the RC1 devkits are downloadable only from the beta site, and a few strategic partners got a direct link from me.
All these will become obsolete when I move the devkits over to the official archicapi.graphisoft.com site.

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for your help.
I'm eager to test all of this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
mvallee wrote:
The AC21 dev-kit is available on the beta website – perhaps you didn't spot the location (it's a bit subtle). In the Download area, click on the Download dev-kit link.
Now I have access to the Download area of the beta site, I can download AC 21 RC version and some goodies, but there is no "download dev-kit" link as far as I can see...
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mvallee wrote:
Now I have access to the Download area of the beta site, I can download AC 21 RC version and some goodies, but there is no "download dev-kit" link as far as I can see...
Please check again, you were approved at 14:54 today...

Akos