Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Archicad ODBC: Get coordinates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Archicad ODBC Driver to access Archicad Plan file. I need to get object coordinates. For example, coordinates of walls (wall polygon).
Can I get this parameters?
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I don't have time to check right now, but it is easy for you to see what is available - the schema are self-documenting.

Simply link all tables into a Microsoft Access project and view each table in design mode. If you see fields for coordinates somewhere, you're in luck.

Note! The schema used by the ODBC driver are not the same as those used by the SQL interface in the Calculate menu... so you do have to use the procedure above to see what is really available via ODBC.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank for answer!

I have searched coordinates in Archicad ODBC, but have not found them.
Archicad ODBC includes different parameters (width, height, material), but there are no coordinates. The walls are presented there only in local coordinate system and are not available in global coordinate system. It is
not very good as in this case I could not draw the plan in my program.
Karl Ottenstein
Andrei,

Some other options: (1) you can write an API-based add-on to export the data in the format you want, (2) you can use one of the various existing output add-ons and post-process the created file (dwg, dxg, ifc, 3ds, etc.), or (3) use some kind of plan dump from the Special menu or the sample plandump addon in the API development kit.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Karl!

We will use Archicad API to access plan geometry. Maybe for ODBC it would be difficult to operate on geometry and that's why ODBC has no detailed plan geometry.