Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.
SOLVED!

Automate Export of Attribute and Property Manager

Dayiz
Booster

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a way to use the Python Wrapper to automaticly export the Attributes and Properties from their respective Manager. There is a function Built-In in Archicad, but we are wondering if there is a way to do it with the Python Wrapper (currently we have to export 4 tables, every single one manually in Archicad and we want to find a One-Click-Solution).

Thanks in advance

Dear Regards

Ziyad Nuwayhid

Attribute Manager.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
poco2013
Mentor

You did not identify which attribute tables you are interested in? However, YES, Python can download attribute lists. But you would only get a raw non-formatted list You would then, in Python, have to format and export it to some readable form such as Excel, XML, or JSon, This is only to get it into a readable form for you, if this is what you are after. i believe that the programming and manual use of a Python script for this purpose would be more trouble then what you are presently doing. The Python API does not have access to any table save commands directly.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
poco2013
Mentor

You did not identify which attribute tables you are interested in? However, YES, Python can download attribute lists. But you would only get a raw non-formatted list You would then, in Python, have to format and export it to some readable form such as Excel, XML, or JSon, This is only to get it into a readable form for you, if this is what you are after. i believe that the programming and manual use of a Python script for this purpose would be more trouble then what you are presently doing. The Python API does not have access to any table save commands directly.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27