Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Automation: Recurring execution of publishing

Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi fellow developers!

I started 2 new hobby open source projects at github: The python scripts and the Add-On both works with Archicad 25 (build 2450) or later.

Python scripts for Archicad

Currently it contains one script, recurring_publish.py.
The script can schedule recurring publishing.
Archicad will be shut down after each publishing and it will be restarted before each publishing, the project will be reloaded automatically. User can choose Publisher Sets to publish.
Works for Teamwork (BIMcloud) projects also. A receive command is executed before each publishing.

Demo video: https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/lorantfyt/attachments/16911630/archicad_recurring_publis...
Short demo GIF:

Additional JSON/Python Commands Add-On for Archicad

This Add-On extends the JSON interface of Archicad by implementing new JSON commands.
These JSON commands are callable via Python.
The Add-On is required by the python scripts in archicad-python-scripts github repo.

Currently implemented Commands
  •  
  • Publish
  •  
  • GetProjectInfo
  •  
  • TeamworkReceive
  •  
  • GetArchicadLocation
  •  
  • Quit
All the contributions are welcome Feel free to copy or modify the code (MIT license), you can make pull requests
13 REPLIES 13
runxel
Legend
blackd3er77 wrote:
What is Headless ArchiCAD's mean?
A so called "headless" program is an app, that is executed without a GUI, running in the background.
Other apps can still interact with it, tho.

A headless Archicad could be the spiritual successor of the ODBC driver, which was sacked in v20.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
MW1988
Participant

Hi, 

it is still working with Archicad 25 5005 for Mac? I can add scripts like "recurring_publish.py" ...
But how to install the "Archicad-additional-json-commands.bundle" ? I copied it to the Graphisoft folder "Add-Ons", but Archicad didn´t find it automatically. When I add it manually in Archicad to the Addon-Manager, Archicad shows me the yellow warning symbol. Python 3.10 is installed. Thanks for help in advance.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-07 um 09.48.01.png
Ady84a
Booster

The Additional JSON/Python Commands Add-On does not work in Archicad 26 Build 3010. Is there anyway that you could compile the Addon for the latest version for People with no experience in compiling Addons?

This would be highly appreciated.

best regards

The Tapir plugin team plan to compile an Add-on extanding the JSON/Plugin Commands. You should connect to the team (https://www.Archicad-api.com/)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!