Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

CREATE A DRAWING FROM A FILE?

Barry Kelly
This seems to be a developer question, so I moved this post to that part of the forum.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Devabhai wrote:
Hello everyone,,
How do you link a drawing to an external file? On ArchiCAD you just click on "an external source" -> click "Browse" -> choose the file. How do you do this with the API?

What are the requirements? Creating a drawing from a view is simply by copying the view's guid to drawing.drawingGuid and you're done, is it the same with a file? I've looked into API_DrawingLinkInfo but it seems there is only a "Get" function and no "Set".

Thanks.
I also want to relink a drawing but there is only a get function by what I’m seeing..
It’s the same for updating drawings - I can only check the status but not to update..

That’s very limiting..
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

You are right, this is missing from the API. The original goal was to enable placing internal views, and those external files where you yourself write the converter (see ACAPI_Database (APIDb_StartDrawingDataID).

The solution depends on what the format of the external file is; what formats are you aiming for?

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Akos wrote:
Hi,

You are right, this is missing from the API. The original goal was to enable placing internal views, and those external files where you yourself write the converter (see ACAPI_Database (APIDb_StartDrawingDataID).

The solution depends on what the format of the external file is; what formats are you aiming for?

Best, Akos
I want to do it for pdf and image types..

Will the set function be available in the future?