BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Can BIMx do it ?

humy65
Participant

Hello Gurus,

We need to enable a user in the field to introduce changes in central BIM model via BIMx.

It has to be customized user friendly editor which will allow the user to amend the 

plumbing plan.  I am aware to the BimCloud messaging option, however the problem 

is that at the crucial point of introducing the change,  all that is possible is screen capture or take a picture 

and annotate it. We would like at that point to launch a customized editor with 

drag and drop options and some drawing tools which is aware of the underlying object model, then attach 

it's output to the message sent to BimCloud. 

Any idea ?

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

BIMx is just a model viewer.

To edit the model you will need to use Archicad out in the field.

Otherwise it is using the mark up system and then make the changes back in the office.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It makes no sense in this context to use full blown Archicad copy in the field as it is a mobile device, and unskilled users. However It is possible to create a custom application to modify the model provided by BIMx and communicate the required changes back to Archicad to be applied on the master copy by means of an API (add on or script). So, it boils down tot the question whether at the integration point in the field, BIMx can expose the model to some 3rd party application to generate the required GUI (preferable embedded in the BIMx view) ? 

Thanks

Nahum

smith74
Participant

BIMx is a model presenter/viewer tool, it is not possible to directly manipulate the model from it. I understand the proposed workflow, it is definitely something we will consider for the future.

Cheers,

Gábor

gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Sorry, my previous comment was written from an obsolete account, same comment with the right signature:

Gábor Kovács-Palkó

Product Manager

Graphisoft