BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Can not register as developer

jackd-fjmt
Participant

I can't seem to register as a developer. I have created an account but at the last registration step, It said there  was a wordpress error. 

I can't download the sdk since it keeps telling me to register. Whenever I click the registration link, i get sent to the profile page. It seems the /registration/personal/  link just routes back to /profile/personal/

Weirdly enough, I had a different issue with registering few years ago as well.  What is with registering as a dev for archicad that makes it inconvenient?

I have also contacted developer-registration@graphisoft.com but no one has replied yet. Can someone help?

14 REPLIES 14
Jeno Barta
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi jackd-fjmt !

"Whenever I click the registration link, i get sent to the profile page."

Yes, the Archicad API page needs GSID first, then for the SDKs You need a Verified Developer account. Thus the page sends You to the Profile page, where You need to provide additional information. 
After providing the additional information Graphisoft will update Your profile, and give You a Developer ID, which is needed for Add-on development, but this is not instant it could take 1-2 days.

Hope this helps! If You have more questions feel free to ask anytime.

Jenő

It's been a week and nothing happened. I doubt that the Wordpress error I got after registering was able to send it through.

Now I'm just stuck in a loop where I can't verify as a dev. 

I have the same problem. Wordpress error during the registration process. After that I cannot acces the registration form again nor can I access the developer tab because the registration did not go through.  Clicking on register redirects me to my profile where there is nothing to do.

This issue is present for months now without any action. I wrote an email to the support with no response. Very frustrating.

Hi Carosson!

There were a major issue on the API site, but it seems fixed now!

Please check, and write if you encounter any more issues!

Many Thanks,

Jenő

Hi.

The issue persist. I tried to register as a developer 2 months ago. The website threw an error upon submitting the registration form. As a result of that, I was not registered as a developer but the website seems to know that I have already filled in the form so I am not able to go through the registration proccess again.
To sum it up:
I am logged in with my Graphisoft ID -> I cannot access the developer section because I am not a developer
I click register as a developer -> I am redirected to my profile with my personal info and there is nothing more to fill in or do there

It is a dead end.

Yup I'm still having this problem. I kinda gave up on this and on the project I meant to be working on. It's so hard to get a dev account and graphisoft doesn't seem to care about it either.

Hi @Carosson , @jackd-fjmt !
Could you guys please give me your email adresses which you used for registration? (Send me in private message or write to jbarta@graphisoft.com)

Yes, the site has several problems now, what we are solving right now, but meanwhile we approve your registration manually.

Many Thanks,

Jenő

You could also try to delete cookies and browser cache for the API site as it uses the Graphisoft ID service and several other GS sites that had problems after the GS ID updated worked correctly after deleting cookies and the browser cache. It is worth a try.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you @Jeno Barta, I have access now.

Learn and get certified!