GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Change default zone names

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where & how do I change the default Zone names
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
If you mean the list of default names in a zone stamp, then you have to open the stamp object in the GDL editor and in the Parameter script you will find a list of names.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont suppose you could give me a simple explanation of how to that that could you Barry?
Barry Kelly
Select the zone stamp in plan.
CTRL+SHIFT+O (or the Mac equivalent) to open the object in the GDL editor.
Then in the PARAMETER script there should be a list of names.

But I just checked the version 21 zone stamp and it is not that easy (typical Graphisoft).
That zone object calls another macro in the master script.
&You have to open that (select its name and CTRL+SHIFT+O) and then in that macro in the Parameter script is a VALUE list for the 'ROOM_NAME' parameter.
But that refers to another parameter called "stRoomNames".
In the MASTER script there is a list for this parameter where you can change the names (see attached image).

Now the next problem is you may not be able to save this if the library is in LCF format.
You will need to extract the library first.
then if ever the library is updated by Graphisoft you will have to do this all again.

Sorry a bit rushed - I have to pop out.
I can explain more later if you need it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, i will give it a go later

Hi Barry,

I realise this is a few years old, hopefully things haven't changed.  I was wondering if you could tell me how to find the "zone_stamp_macro", so that i can open it?

It is all as explained in my previous post.

If you have an LCF (Library Container File) for your library, you will need to extract it first and the load that extracted library so you can access the individual objects.

I am pretty sure the default library is a container file.

If it is not then forget I even mentioned container files.

Then follow the instructions in my previous post.

CTRL+SHIFT+O Is the lazy way to open the files.

Just select the object (or the macro name in a script) and CTRL+SHIFT+O.

Otherwise you have to use the open library part command and browse for the files, so you will need to know where they are saved.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Here is a detailed explanation I have given last year to another user. It is about how to modify the default list of Flooring Types in Zones:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Zone-Tool-Flooring-Types/m-p/242084/highlight/true#...

However, you will also find the the default list of Zones Names as well in the Master Script of that zone macro, so you can modify them in a similar fashion as described in the thread.

That being said, it is now possible to display Properties in the Zone Stamp. So, you could actually create a new Property for Zones and provide an Option List for it with all the Zone Names you want to define.

Then, in the Zone Stamp, you should display "Classification and Properties" as the first item in the Zone Stamp instead of Zone Name, and set that Property to be displayed in the first place.

Then, you would not need to modify the GDL Script of Zone Stamps.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Do you have this object still? In AC23, Master script is not showing this possibility 😞 

What zone stamp are you using?

I have the AUS language version so I might not have the zone stamp you are using.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27