GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Change swing direction text on door

Erick Thomas
Contributor

Hei everyone,

I am working on the AC25 norwegian version and I would like to change the swing direction text on doors.

Swing direction in norwegian is H (høyre = right) or V (venstre = left). How can I change this text from H-V to the english R-L?

Erick Thomas

AC 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
julienK
Advocate

Go to options>property manager and create a new rule that is a string with a formula:

at step 5 chose the orientation parameter you selected in your schedule and edit the formula by replacing D by H and G by V.

im01.jpgim02.jpgim03.jpgim04.jpgim05.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

It used to be set in the 'Compatibility Options' section of the GDL scripts.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/Assign-other-letters-for-the-meaning-of-Left-a...

But that does not seem to have any affect now.

I think it has something to do with the parameter ... ac-OpeningSide

But I have not managed to track back through all the macros to see where that parameter gets the value from.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
julienK
Advocate

Go to options>property manager and create a new rule that is a string with a formula:

at step 5 chose the orientation parameter you selected in your schedule and edit the formula by replacing D by H and G by V.

im01.jpgim02.jpgim03.jpgim04.jpgim05.jpg

Thanks a lot for your detailed description Julien. I think this is the way to go to avoid changing the object in the BIMCloud library that everyone at the office uses.

Erick Thomas

AC 25

Thanks a lot for the answer @Barry Kelly . I managed to change the letters as you showed on the link but I went for @julienKs solution as I don't wanted to change the library part for everyone in the office.

Erick Thomas

AC 25
4dProof
Advisor

I'd just use properties

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Hi Barry,

ac_openingside should be set by the objects, and schedules can read its value with the Window/Door > Orientation field without having to select the actual GDL parameter.

It's value in the Archicad Library is localized though.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest