Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Change the location of "Use designated Add-Ons folder:"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options > Add-On Manager... > Use designated Add-Ons folder... > Change

After the initial install of Archicad, this points to a location on the local hard drive.

Is there a way to programmatically change this location? I thought it might be with ACAPI_Environment, but I see no IDs that correspond to this change.

Is there a different way I can change this the first time to a network location without having first changed it so that the Add-On that could change it is found? I browsed through the registry briefly and saw nothing.

I want to avoid going around to every computer on the network and using manual menu picks. I don't want to rely on the users to do manual picks with instructions from an email just because I tell them it is important.

Thanks,
chris
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to programmatically change this location?
I'm guessing not but will keep looking.
If anyone knows otherwise, don't be shy...

thanks,
- chris
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Chris,

There's no way to do that, unless you want to fiddle with the registry, but then you may run into all sorts of compatibility issues with obligatory add-ons after an ARCHICAD update.

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

- chris
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Akos
I am coming back and re-reading this now that we are installing 24, with hopes there is a way to programmatically solve my original problem.
...but then you may run into all sorts of compatibility issues...
With regard to compatibility issues, how would a fiddle with the registry by programmatically changing this location be any different than manually changing this location with [Options > Add-On Manager... > Use designated Add-Ons folder... > Change] ?

I have searched [CTRL+F] the registry for "C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\Add-Ons" [the default location after install, and found nothing.

Can you share where this path is stored? I want to examine the ability and risk of manipulating the value stored.

Thanks - chris