Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Communication_Manager add-on crash (Archicad 25 - 3011)

gunners6522
Contributor

When testing the Communication_Manager example add-on in Archicad 25 version 3011, the add-on crashes when choosing the option "Save External Files as DWG". The add-on crashes inside "Do_CallExternalSaveAsDWG" when making the call: ACAPI_Command_Call (&mdid, 'GDCO', 1, parHdl, nullptr, false); // get default translator

The exception is an access violation happening in InputOutput.dll.

Has this issue been reported before? The command call is for the "DWG/DXF Input/Output" add-on. I have my own add-on, which relies on calling the "DWG/DXF Input/Output" add-on. It works for Archicad 22, 23 and 24, but crashes in Archicad 25.

6 REPLIES 6
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi,

This issue was already reported (DEF-2930) and we have already fixed it in build AC25 3506 (Update 2).

So the bugfix will be released soon.

Where is this update (AC25 3506) available? It doesn't show up on checking for updates from Archicad 25. It's also not available here: https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=INT&type=AC&version=25  -- the latest update for AC25 there is build 3011.

It's not published yet, I still don't know the release date of the next AC25 update.
I ask for you patience. Thank you!

Ok, thanks.

@Tibor Lorantfy could you ask Graphisoft to work on a contingency plan so that the company can help its specific subscribers who have some specific issues with Archicad, but need immediate solutions since their own clients can't wait for them?

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

@Tibor Lorantfy The following link includes an Archicad subscriber who also needs an urgent solution for a specific issue with Archicad. It appears he is a new subscriber. Here's the link: 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Archicad-25-crashes/m-p/309099#M155120

I know you can help him resolve this issue, and I would appreciate if your efforts could help him stay with Archicad. Because of that, I think he would also be a sustainable subscriber for Graphisoft.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11