GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Complex poly object

JGoode
Advocate

Hello,

I am trying to create an object which is essentially a 4 sided shape where the 4 corners can be moved which is simple enough on it's own. However there is also the requirement to have the option of adding a fillet or chamfer to each corner. Is this achievable without creating a different poly for every possibility? 

Thanks

ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
20 REPLIES 20

Sorry, didn't have time to dive into subject. Yeah, i didn't check all possibilities... Originally i designed this object not for perpendicular sides. And because it involved trigonometry in calculations it got error when tangent=90 or -90 (rectangular or square) - totally myffault.

Tbh if you needed only rectangular shape it is redundant to use such object (useless calculations don't make pc faster).

Now i pretty sure it works as it should be, though I am not sure about 2 fitures (you can uncheck them) - on the next UI page or you can expand 1st page ( there is little button at top to place all info at once)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14KrPx4_Nyf6O7tN7fbYlwtVas-LktR5d/view?usp=drivesdk

AC 22, 24 | Win 10

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!