Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Creating hotspots in PARAM-O

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is there a possibility to create hotspots on certain coordinates directly in PARAM-O?

Thank you,
Oli
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use "GDL Shape".

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use "GDL Shape".

Untitled.png

William Yan
Expert
NMK195 wrote:
You can use "GDL Shape".
This is a way! Thanks!
AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
Joke Swinnen
Contributor

Is there any way to create hotspots without GDL? I used a shape of a profile and would like to have hotspots on every corner of the profile. 

PARAM-O script.png

2D view object.png

Joke Swinnen
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since 2017 (v20 - v25) - CC iRT i7-12700 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64
ryejuan
Advisor

Just a simple question, wanted to know how do I attached the GDL Shape to a specific corner or mid point of the object? Thanks!

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
sdeisher
Contributor

I have this same question; I've been able to use the GDL Shape component to manually add specific hotspot values to the object, but cannot get them to work in 2D and cannot figure out how to use a point in the script (or a variable parameter) to place a hotspot rather than hardcoding the point location in the GDL component. Did anyone solve this?

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27
ryejuan
Advisor

I didn't have any reply from anyone regarding about this question.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I have not really played much with Param-o, but I assume you would have to use a transformation (is that the correct term?) based on the object or element size and link the hotspot shape to that transformation.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@sdeisher Have you (or anyone) been able to find a solution to this yet?

We are also having issues where we need to use the custom hotspots as placement anchors in 2D. Because Param-o defined hotspots are only as per the object's rectangular bounding box, it's a pain to place irregular or regular but offset objects. 

Bee-am
---
Designer Innovator + Generalist
Architecture, 3D Visualization, Web Solutions

I have not found a solution to this. Once I got the Rhino/Grasshopper plugin working smoothly, I pretty much abandoned creating objects using Param-O because of limitations like the one we're discussing.

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27