GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall Anchoring

Carlos Molina
Newcomer
Good day.
I would like to know how to add anchor plates, anchor fist, and all related to curtain wall stack joint on my model.
I can easily create my curtain wall but I do not how to integrate it to my slab.

thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Mjules
Mentor
Hi Carlos,

Did you realize both the 3D and 2D details of this curtain wall with ArchiCAD?
Carlos wrote:
Good day.
I would like to know how to add anchor plates, anchor fist, and all related to curtain wall stack joint on my model.
I can easily create my curtain wall but I do not how to integrate it to my slab.

thanks
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Carlos Molina
Newcomer
Mjules wrote:
Nagy,

I would appreciate if you could share with us a video demonstration about your test using GDL.
Carlos wrote:
Can you give some example of how I can achive that... I'm very new on this.
Thanks for all you support
Are you particularly working with Curtain Wall anchoring? If so, maybe I can give you a hand...with a direct contact.
Carlos Molina
Newcomer
Mjules wrote:
Hi Carlos,

No, I don't. But I got something very similar in 3D.
Mjules
Mentor
Thanks for replying!

I used to copy and paste the wall section details with all the related specifications into the ArchiCAD’s section window and then draw the 3D details using the morph tool.

This technique should give you a better result in terms of structural element connections. As you can see in your 3D details, there are some connection issues with the ArchiCAD’s curtain wall frames when using the curtain wall tool of ArchiCAD.

Carlos wrote:
Mjules wrote:
Hi Carlos,

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Mjules
Mentor
I don't know what kind of Curtain Wall Systems you've used, but the frames should be drawn to support glazing connections. Please take a look at the enclosed screenshots. The Curtain Wall Tool of ArchiCAD contains some modular frames that could help. To respect the manufacturer's specifications, I used to convert the Curtain Walls into Morph so as to get specified 3D details, as required by local standards.

It's easier to realize them with Revit.

Carlos wrote:
Mjules wrote:
Hi Carlos,

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Carlos Molina
Newcomer
Mjules wrote:
Thanks for replying!

I used to copy and paste the wall section details with all the related specifications into the ArchiCAD’s section window and then draw the 3D details using the morph tool.

This technique should give you a better result in terms of structural element connections. As you can see in your 3D details, there are some connection issues with the ArchiCAD’s curtain wall frames when using the curtain wall tool of ArchiCAD.
Carlos wrote:
Mjules wrote:
Hi Carlos,

No, I don't. But I got something very similar on 3D.

What I did was create my anchor as Junction object and then I add some GDL option like X and Y displacement and rotation, as long as the junction is pasted related to he panel... so I could add my anchor at the exact i wanted.
Lingwisyer
Guru
=> (Response)

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660