BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Custom Drawings Titles - Area Subtitle

Richrd
Participant

Hi,

Is there any simple solution for insert an autotext area in Drawings floor plan title on layout  ?

I tryied all things  and i think the only way is through the gdl scripts. Find the code from zone parameters and put it on the new object title script, however i don`t really know how to do such a thing ! for now is it!

1.png

Architect
Parametric Design
Brasil
3 REPLIES 3
sinceV6
Advocate

Hello.

This can't be done. Titles (and autotext in layouts) can only access the information of the layout and the view that is placed in the layout, not the contents of the view itself (imagine GDL can't know if the view is a floor plan, a section, etc; even less the information of every element inside the view).

You could set up your drawings in a different way and isolate through layer combos the pavement, tag it (create a tag that has all the needed info including area), save that view and place it on layouts.

Best regards.

Richrd
Participant

Hi sinceV6,

Thanks for you answer. OK by the autotext its known that there is no way to do that, but if we start creating a new Title like our friend here did - https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-articles/Custom-Drawing-Titles-part-1-of-2-How-to-save-... and instead  we put simple parametes like an autotext we tried some more advance like display value from Zone.  

Architect
Parametric Design
Brasil
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

This is not possible in GDL, the drawing title knows only about the paper, not the ink on the paper.

What you can do is set up a Schedule to calculate the area and place the schedule on the drawing.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Learn and get certified!