BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Custom Toolbox panel

Erenford
Booster
Greetings,

Is there a way for you to add a custom panel in the toolbox?
I already know how to create a new custom element (via ACAPI_Register_Subtype as seen below), but the thing is you need to add it via Work Environment after loading the add-on.
(custom object subtype)
in RegisterInterface()...
ACAPI_Register_Subtype('ALCM', 132, true, 32600, 32561, 32562, TBoxGroup_Objects, API_TBoxEnabled_FloorPlan | API_TBoxEnabled_ModelSection, NULL);
What I want to achieve is to put this in a custom drop-down panel / toolbox group automatically by code right after loading the add-on.

Is this possible?
Archicad 25 5010 INT FULL
Archicad 26 5002 INT FULL
Visual Studio Professional 2019
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
2 REPLIES 2
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Erenford,

It's not possible to create a new toolbox group.

If it's very important for you I can add it as a feature request, and maybe we can develop this for you in the next versions.

Regards,
Tibor
Erenford
Booster
Thank you but its no longer important since I already did a quick fix by saving it in the profile / tool schemes.

I have another problem though regarding the subtype defaults. For some reason every time Archicad starts it copies whatever the default object of the object tool rather than using the attached gsm file. The odd thing is that the object isn't even available in the custom element, only the gsm file can be chosen. I already fixed this by changing the default by code when the tool is clicked, but I was wondering if this is a bug or what?

Another one is with the icons of the custom panel in the custom tool's settings. The icons of the panel is in a lcf file (all it contains is a folder with the icons in it) and the icons will appear if it is manually added in the library manager. Since the gsm file is already in the grc, I was wondering if you could also attach the lcf file there and have the gsm recognize it.
Archicad 25 5010 INT FULL
Archicad 26 5002 INT FULL
Visual Studio Professional 2019
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Learn and get certified!