2022-01-10 10:43 PM - edited 2022-01-10 11:44 PM
Archicad 24.6004 USA FULL
Visual Studio 2017
I am creating a custom menu that has four sub-menu choices. I made the attached .pdf to help check my work and reveal the problem. Turns out that it only explains my problem. I am only getting three of the four sub-menu choices.
- I have verified the reference numbers
- I can move the first three sub-menu choices around and see results
- I can place the fourth choice in the top three and see results
- I have verified that the .svg icon exists
- I have tried the fourth choice without an icon
- I copied one of the three working lines to replace the fourth and made edits
- I have successfully created another menu under the same parent menu with ten sub-menu choices
Can someone point me in the right direction for a solution?
Please and thank-you,
Solved! Go to Solution.
2022-01-13 06:02 PM
Most likely this is because you added the "Help" menu item later.
You can verify this by trying to locate your menu in the Menus section of the Work Environment dialog. If it's there, then you have to add it manually to your already existing menu in this dialog.
You can also try to move your add-on to another computer where you haven't used it before; the menus should appear fine.
The reason behind this is that when you first add any add-on to Archicad, and that add-on registers menus, those menus are automatically added to the current Work Environment. Next time you start Archicad, the menu items are loaded from that Work Environment, and Archicad does not realise that you have changed anything in your add-on's menu items.
2022-01-14 12:17 AM
I never expected a manual update would be needed for something like that.
Thanks for the hint!
2022-07-30 09:05 AM
Hi，I am new to learn add on for Archicad.I wonder how to manual update the menu？