BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

DGSetDialogTitle - parameters issue

ViloFR
Participant
Hi,

I keep working on my ArchiCAD addon from Delphi, and I'm facing an issue.

According to the SDK documentation, the function DGSetDialogTitle is declared as :
void DGSetDialogTitle (short dialId, const char* title);

In the header file DG.H, it is declared as :
void DGSetDialogTitle (short dialId, const GS::UniString& title);

1. What is the right declaration in ACAP 18 ?

2. If this is the second one, because UniString is exported as a class, it is not possible with any other language appart from C to instantiate it.
How am I supposed to call this function ?

In other words, is ArchiCAD addon dev reserved to those who are using the same language, EDI, and specific version of the EDI (otherwise ACAP_STAT.LIB is not linkable) as Graphisoft ?

Thanks 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
ViloFR wrote:
In the header file DG.H, it is declared as :
void DGSetDialogTitle (short dialId, const GS::UniString& title);
1. What is the right declaration in ACAP 18 ?
2. If this is the second one, because UniString is exported as a class, it is not possible with any other language appart from C to instantiate it.
How am I supposed to call this function ?
In other words, is ArchiCAD addon dev reserved to those who are using the same language, EDI, and specific version of the EDI (otherwise ACAP_STAT.LIB is not linkable) as Graphisoft ?
The interface will always be correct. The documentation probably isn't entirely up to date (it's a tough job).

I'd recommend sticking to the GS guidelines of C/C++. It may be possible to use other languages to some extent, but I think you face an almost impossible task making the UI work properly.
Ralph Wessel BArch
ViloFR
Participant
Bad news ... But thanks a lot for your answer.
Learn and get certified!