GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

'Dynamic Block' behaviour

Jacques Toerien
Participant
Hi,

I need to produce a housing layout, the layout is for around 140 homes. Having just been on AutoCAD for 2 years doing these, I need to find a way to develop 'dynamic block' style footprints as I can't be manually working with groups / dumb objects.

Each footprint should have at least a 'flip / mirror' toggle and when the object changes flip state some text within the object should change. So when I plot a house in the 'As' orientation it should should note 'As' and when I plot it mirrored it should say 'Opp' or 'H'. See image below.

There is no 3D info in the object, though it would be good to add that later on to create a full 'cardboard' 3D model.

I have the fallback option of doing this in AutoCAD but want to do it with ArchiCAD if possible. Any ideas how I can mimic AutoCAD's dynamic block feature set within a library part? Albeit only the flip and lookup options at this time?

Thank you.
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
3 REPLIES 3
Nader Belal
Mentor
1. Either you create your own object.

2. Or you can use "House Model 24"
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The SYMB_MIRRORED global variable contains whether an object is mirrored. You don't even need to code a "mirror" parameter, Archicad's mirror command will flip this boolean.
stTitle = "As"
if SYMB_MIRRORED then stTitle = "Opp"
text2 0,0, stTitle
You will have to handle the position of the text, the easiest way is to change the text anchor when mirrored using DEFINE STYLE and SET STYLE.
Btw. in Archicad you can't plot a drawing mirrored, the model has to be mirrored. Modules can be created from the model, which can be placed in their original or mirrored orientation. SYMB_MIRRORED will also contain the mirrored state of the placed module.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Jacques Toerien
Participant
Thank you, I'll look into this tonight.
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum