GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Dynamic Hotspot unresponsive

DGSketcher
Legend

I have an object that can be linked to story heights. Everything is working as expected apart from a dynamic height setting hotspot (Ht1) that locks temporarily after a value change in the project Story Settings dialog. I can change the value of Ht1 in the parameters, the UI interface and manually entering a value in the hotspot's displayed dragged value. All these have a return key requirement. The hotspot though requires selection followed by a dummy click on screen to clear the block before it can be reselect and dragged to update the value by stretching. I have also seen this in one of my other unrelated objects where the first click fails to allow stretching of the hotspot. 

Any suggestions on what might be causing such behaviour or how to clear the blockage?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Are you using a request which returns 0 in the parameter script and storing its result in a parameter / using it for values?

Is the script error-free during hotspot edit? Div0 or a zero-length reference vector might stop the script execution, appearing as a frozen hotspot.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

@Peter Baksa Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think any of those apply, but I will look through the code to double check if I have missed any of them.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!