BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Edit Archicad Library Part

Narska
Advocate
I want to use an existing archicad metal door library part, but I want to edit its symbol.

How do I turn off the existing symbol and script my own. Adding to the 2D script seems to only draw on top of the existing symbol, it does not override it.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Narska,

There is a macro call in the master script that is executed before each 2d script. Add a condition based on GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE to skip it in 2d.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Narska
Advocate
can you elaborate please.

Is the conditional suppose to be in the 2D script or the master script?

I see in the master script at the end:
if GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 7 | GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 8 then goto "MasterEnd"	! forward migration, backward migration

call "gs_general_door_macro_USA" parameters all gs_doorcode = "D1 Commercial"
Peter wrote:
Hi Narska,

There is a macro call in the master script that is executed before each 2d script. Add a condition based on GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE to skip it in 2d.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It has to be in the master script because the master script would call the macro before executing the first line of the 2d script, and thus the macro 2d script would be executed before the object's.
if GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 7 | GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 8 | GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 2 then goto "MasterEnd" ! forward migration, backward migration, 2D

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Narska
Advocate
Thank you, reporting back that this worked perfectly.
Peter wrote:
It has to be in the master script because the master script would call the macro before executing the first line of the 2d script, and thus the macro 2d script would be executed before the object's.
if GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 7 | GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 8 | GLOB_SCRIPT_TYPE = 2 then goto "MasterEnd" ! forward migration, backward migration, 2D

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Learn and get certified!