GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Favorite & GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
we created a GDL-object with many parameters. Know we want to change some parameters of the placed objects with a favorit. Is there a way to get more settings for the parameter-transfer or is there a possibility to lock some parameters in GDL for the paramter-transfer with a favorit?

Thanks, manuel
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Manuel,
You can lock any parameter with the Lock GDL command inside your object Parameter Script.
Is that what you want?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Manuel:

It is also possible to prevent the transfer of chosen parameters by the Unique icon in the Parameters section of the Library Part editor:
• The fourth, Unique icon (if activated) means that the current parameter will NOT be transferred if you transfer the rest of this object’s parameters to another object.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes that is what I'm looking for, but does this button really work?
I tried this button in ArchiCAD 19 - 23 (Windows 10 & Mac | Version INT & CHE), but it didn't work. I hope I just used it wrong, because that button would be the perfect solution for my workflow.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I think I've found my mistake. The button works just in the object default settings and not in the floor plan and in case that's true there need to be two different GDL-Elements.
Is there a way to overwrite the parameter transfer settings or to lock some parameters for the transfer with a favorit?
Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Manuel:

Yes, as the description says, the Unique button is for parameter transfer between two objects. I can't quite follow what you are trying to accomplish. Perhaps if you give a fuller description of what you are trying to do, someone will have a solution.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No, it isn't possible to select which parameters are transferred.
Yes it looks like applying a favorite to an object doesn't respect the unique parameters, they are transferred too.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest