GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Fixed Named Optional Parameters in Labels

jan_filipec
Booster
Hi,
how do I read the value of a associated library part's Fixed Named Optional Parameter in a label? I tried REQUEST ("Property_Value_Of_Parent" and REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE", but none of these seem to work.
Generally speaking, I can sucessfuly read and label any parameter value of an archicad object, but I struggle with archicad elements like walls, slabs, beams etc.

Thanks Jan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Those parameters can be used. Simply add it as a parameter of the label, and it will contain the data if the labelled element type matches.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Jan,

Only GDL objects have Fixed Named Optional Parameters.
From other elements generally only their properties are accessible to GDL. There are a few exceptions where information is available in global variables, these are marked with "available for listing and labels" in the manual, for example http://gdl.graphisoft.com/reference-guide/opening-parameters
Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
jan_filipec
Booster
Thanks for the answer. Just to be sure that I understand it correctly, the parameters listed here:
http://gdl.graphisoft.com/reference-guide/parameters-for-column-beam-and-roof-attributes
are only available for elements created by gdl script, but not for the elements created inside Archicad?
Does this mean, that even those "parameters" accessible with autotexts are not all available for calculations within a label? (like for example "ac_beam_inclination" - I can label it with an autotext, but I cannot use it to decide an if..then problem?)
I am trying to build a label replicating the elevation dimension function, but with the option to show not only the elevation of the top surface, but rather the elevation of the bottom surface as well. I was hoping to be able to extract the Roof/Beam position, rotation and slope and use it to calculate the elevation based on the label position (same as the elevation dimension shows the z value dependent on its xy position on a roof or a mesh for example). Is this simply not possible with GDL?
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Those parameters can be used. Simply add it as a parameter of the label, and it will contain the data if the labelled element type matches.
Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest