Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

From ArchiCAD 11 to a ERP-system?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried to connect a Archicad project with a ERP-system?

SQL or OBCD?
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Frank wrote:
Has anyone tried to connect a Archicad project with a ERP-system?
SQL or OBCD?
Frank,

We're close to completion on a system which integrates ArchiCAD with a large relational database, which I wouldn't quite call an ERP system but very similar in principle. I can't give too many details until it's launched, but I can give you an overview.

SQL or OBCD? The short answer is 'neither'. The problem is that although there is some support for this provided by GS, it is strictly read-only. We needed read and write operations, and in many cases ArchiCAD has to be the visual front-end for the external application, i.e. it extends far beyond simple data exchange. There is no method for doing this in the API or otherwise, so we had to develop our own work-arounds.

Ralph.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Ralph.

My client is doing exhibition booths in Archicad and have all the pricing in the ERP-system that they would like to calculate. A "read-only" would do, meaning extracting the data from AC and then calculate it the ERP.

They would like something more than just exporting tabbed text from AC into a spread sheet and puttting prices.

Maybe we would need your help. Have a meeting with them next month and then I will know more.

PS Nice to see Objectives at the ACSS2007 in Nottingham.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now we are plan to create on 2009 year the system to transfer volume data from ArchiCAD to time-resource planning system MS Project. And to IDEF0 structural-functional analize system CA ProcessModeler. The project named "LabPP_MSProject for ArchiCAD" and "LabPP_BPWin for ArchiCAD". It's started modules from big system for organization planning in the Architectural companies, who works on the ArchiCAD base.
These system work in the two-way winning planning method.
Multilingual.
Write me please: mail@labpp.ru
Juory Tsepov. Russia