Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

From Tiff to SVG

Nader Belal
Mentor

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there was an option to turn back/convert embedded TIFF image in library part to their original SVG (or similar) using LP_XMLConverter ?

Thank you

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

The original files are simply "lost" = you won't get them back.

SVGs are vector files, TIFF are raster files.

So there is just no way to retain that information. The LP_XMLConverter makes the TIFF first and then embeds it into the GSM.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
runxel
Legend

The original files are simply "lost" = you won't get them back.

SVGs are vector files, TIFF are raster files.

So there is just no way to retain that information. The LP_XMLConverter makes the TIFF first and then embeds it into the GSM.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
Nader Belal
Mentor

I though that some how the Tiff file retained vector data.

C'est La Vie ☹️ ☹️ ☹️

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

Well, hopefully someday in the future we can use SVG directly.

This intermediate step was only done by GS because the performance was sluggish after they tried to have the UI pics as vector files.

(Note: That's however not a solely GS issue. Others have struggled with this, too.

David Rutten e.g., the creator of Grasshopper, tried as well and failed. There seems some progress in GH 2 in that regard tho.)

Nader Belal
Mentor

May be is more related with the OS, I don't just guessing

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!