GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL Addon

Danny Sparks-Cousins
Contributor
Hi Guys,

We currently use the TEXT and DATA addons to read/write from GDL objects to text files located alongside the project model file. We would like to get away from having these external text files, and want to embed the information within the project.

I am hoping we can write a custom GDL Addon that can replace the standard TEXT and DATA Addons and store the data either in embedded library parts, or somewhere else within the project model.

I have a decent understanding of the API Devkit, but am pretty new to the GDL Devkit. Is this something that it could achieve, or is it in no way linked to the ArchiCAD database?

Cheers,
Danny
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about libraryGlobal?

success = libraryGlobal("Foo", "bar", var)

But I never write anything in GDL
Danny Sparks-Cousins
Contributor
bartimar wrote:
What about libraryGlobal?
Unfortunately that wont help us out - I am looking at an GDL API Addon to extend the functionality of the GDL script within our objects.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Danny wrote:
I have a decent understanding of the API Devkit, but am pretty new to the GDL Devkit. Is this something that it could achieve, or is it in no way linked to the ArchiCAD database?
The GDL Devkit is very limited in scope, and I don't think it has access to project data.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Danny Sparks-Cousins
Contributor
Thanks Ralph